CBI program (Chemistry-Biology Interface) is a highly competitive UMass-funded and NIH-funded fellowship, aiming at training trainees from different background to advance scientific research “at the interface of chemistry and biology”.
What I did so far as a CBI trainee
- Drug design course
- Understand drug development process, including drug discovery, screening, optimization and clinical trials;
- Computational aided drug discovery and Structural-based drug design;
- Macromolecular drug development, such as antibody, DNA and RNA.
- CBI chalk talk
- CBI chalk talk is a course that is monthly held to gather CBI community to disscuss cutting edge topics.
- attend workshops
- CBI traineeship talk
- As a CBI trainee, I was requested to give a talk to both chemistry and biology students
- The talk topic: Hydrophobic gating in bundle-crossing ion channels: a case study of TRPV4”
- Future plan